Thursday, April 12, 2007

Paperclip OCD

Here at my job we use paperclips - never staples. I'm using them constantly. I have a little cup for small paperclips, and a cup for big/colored ones. I think you could say I'm discriminating. I don't like big paperclips unless I absolutely need one. You know, the ones with the thicker metal? I hate it when people use those on documents that are too large for them, because they're so stiff they stretch out and end up not holding anything. A large document calls for one of the actual "clip" paperclips. I don't like the colored paperclips either. They stretch out too easy and they don't stay on the paper as well. My biggest pet peeve right now? People who use FIVE paperclips on one document (no exaggeration, just emphasis)! It's as though they think they'll get more "points" for using the most paperclips possible. Something else is that some people clip on the top of the page, and others on the side. Why can't we just do it one uniform way? I realize this may be far fetched, but it's always bugged me, I just never mentioned it. One of my co-workers collects unique paperclips. Every time she gets a new one she takes it on a tour around the office saying "Look at my new baby!" So you know I'm not the only one who's obsessed. She's just on the other end of the spectrum.

As you can see, I have not forgotten my blog entirely. I've written many posts in my thoughts, though all of them are coupled with photos that have yet to be taken, so for that reason I have delayed. I want to show you all my new things, for I have quite a few of them. New car, new hair, new phone, new baby kitties - that Amber will attest are just too precious! As I've been enjoying all my new things it's made me ponder of the newness of life that Christ brings. I've also noticed that while I enjoy change around me and relish in it, I despise change within myself, and I want that to change. But that's for another post.

No comments: