Friday, January 25, 2008

Press Toward the Goal

This is a poem Len Ravenhill quoted. He didn't give the title or author.

My goal is God, Himself, not joy, not peace
Not even blessing, but Himself, my God
Tis His to lead me there, not mine, but His
At any cost Lord, by any road

So faith bounds forward to its' goal in God
And love can trust, O Lord, to lead her there
Upheld by Him my soul will follow hard
Til God has last fulfilled my deepest prayer

No matter if the way be sometimes dark
No matter if the cost be often great

He knoweth how I best shall reach the mark
The way that leads to Him must need be straight

One thing I know, I cannot say Him "nay"
One thing I do, I press toward my Lord
My God, my glory here from day to day
And in the glory there my great reward

I couldn't say it any better, and trust me, I've tried.

No comments: