Friday, August 15, 2008

I like this

...I am just like any other girl, and I love happy endings, and hand me a chick flick anytime, but the realization hits me that this is not what true love is about. It is not when the boy meets girl, and their eyes lock and it is love at first sight. It is not the Happily Ever After, and no, it is not roses and chocolate on Valentines.

Love is a bloodstained cross...


I read this paragraph in an article I was reading and that section just really stuck out to me. I guess because of the stark contrast in the description of the two things. The truth of it just stuck out to me. Love is not at all those mushy gushy things we're sort of trained to think it is from the time we're little kids. It's sacrifice. Sacrifice in so many ways. Thinking of others higher than yourselves.... and when I think of love in that way suddenly I see how many people love me so much. And It spurs me on to love through good works. (Hebrews 10:24) Anyway.. just a tidbit I thought I'd throw out there.

2 comments:

none said...

Oh sister, how the Spirit moves. How could you possibly know that this is exactly exactly exactly what I'm learnig. On the nose. Not even an ounce off. Well, I know you didn't know, but man, God is sovereign. I love you so much, and know, sister, that you are not alone in that lesson in the least. IN THE LEAST. I'm so glad you posted this. I need this so much. God knows what I'm struggling with, and He just keeps confirming things, and showing things...He's making it harder and harder to be lacking in faith. His mercy...

Holly said...

Beautifully stated though I want to know when you had the time to blog with us there!!