Friday, December 15, 2006

..Do you hear what I hear?



Fifteen of the most annoying sounds
I'm gonna try and do these in order..


1. One. Fork scraping a table/teeth/plate

2. Two. Twiddling of thumbs in a very quiet place - you'd have to hear it to know what I'm talking about

3. Three. SMACKING!! Especially in the confines of a car.

4. Four. An overly chipper voice - or song - to wake me up. Please.. let me take out my wrath on the alarm clock. There's no use getting offended when you try to wake me up nice.. I don't respond well. I am not a morning person, so don't expect me to be bright as the sunshine when you wake me with the Hallelujah chorus..

5. Five. Listening to someone eat when it's very quiet. Even if they have their mouth closed it can be torturous. I can't even listen to myself eat - there has to be something to either distract me or drown it out.

6. Six. That "do-do-do" three tone sound that is always very loud in your ear when you've called the wrong number, or a disconnected number. Why do they feel it necessary to do it so many times?

7. Seven. My mothers' chair squeaking. My home church will know about this one.

8. Eight. That high pitched squealing sound that the hot water makes after it's been on for a while. It's really bad in the tub or shower for some reason.

9. Nine. The beep of my alarm. But at least with that I don't have to apologize for smacking it a few times when it goes off.

10. Ten. My parents ringtone after I've already heard it at least 4 times in the past hour.

11. Eleven. The "squeak, bang! squeak, bang! squeak, bang!" of the filter trap door in our pool when the pump isn't on. The waves always disturb it and it makes the most irritating noise. We always stuff something in there to make it quit.

12. Twelve. "hello..? Hello..? Hello...?" I have absolutely no tolerance for someone who sits on their cell phone and says the same thing over, and over when the thing is obviously not working. It makes me want to scream for some reason.

13. Thirteen. Those crazy-enthusiastic car sales ads. They are convinced that screaming at you is the only way to sell you a car. I wonder if they would do it that way if you showed up in the lot? What if you asked them to? The next person who buys a car has to tell them that they won't buy it unless it's sold to them "commercial style"

14. Fourteen. Have you ever heard a mechanical pencil squeak on paper? If not, it has the same effect as nails on a chalkboard.

15. Fifteen. A skipping CD. Our CD player is having the problem right now where it will make a brand new CD skip or repeat the same sentence, phrase, or syllable over and over and over. As soon as you put it in another player it's fine though. So far I've only hit the device once.



Haha! I was first! I just happened to wake up, and figured I'd go ahead and do this..

2 comments:

Jamie Welch said...

i can't read bekah's font color

Rebekah Hope said...

BJ fixed it.. or something.