Friday, December 22, 2006

Picky..? Me?



Fifteen food things I'm picky about


1. Popcorn. Every now and then while watching a movie you'll see me with popcorn, and a cup. You can eat all the crunchy parts of the popcorn kernel off then save the softer middle part. I like to get a whole cupfull then eat it all at once. It's kind of like chewing styrafoam actually. But it's something I've done for a long time. I like it.

2. Pickles. It takes me HOURS to eat just one large pickle. I usually only get them when I'm at a movie and I usually don't finish them because it takes so long to eat them. I have to take little bitty bites and suck all the juice out of that section, then eat the seeds, take a little bite and.... okay I'm stopping there.. if I keep going you'll all make fun of me. There are several more steps to this process.

3. Best part last. Always. Some examples: Burgers - outside in, so I don't end up with an all bread bite, Chex mix - always eat the pretzels (who wants those?) first then work you way through 'til only the Chex are left. But I do it with everything - just watch me eat, you'll find out what I like best.

4. Cereal. I always have to make the milk to cereal ratio equal. I hate having to drink warm cereal milk, and I can't throw it out because my parents have drilled into me not to waste food.

5. I pick around the things I don't like. Who doesn't?

6. Forks. Why do they give you two sizes? You only need one. The big one. For some reason it annoys my dad to no end that I prefer the larger fork. I have to be in strange form to eat with the smaller one.

7. Ice Cream. It's so much more fun to eat it with a different sort of spoon. Ever since we were little Jordan and I have done this. We used to steal the measuring spoons or the melon baller to eat ice cream with. Or when you go to Baskin Robbins and get the little tasting spoon, it's more fun to eat your ice cream with that. I think it's meant to be savored, and that always helps me to savor it.

8. Straws... I'm reluctant to put this one on here.. apparently I stick my tongue out a little bit when I drink through a straw. Forget you ever read this!

9. Tony's. Can't eat a baked potato without it!

10. Doritos. I always save the ones with the most seasoning for last, and on occasion I'll take a bite, get all of the spices off, then chew it.

11. Nachos. I always eat all the chips with no cheese first.

12. Funyuns. I eat all the broken ones first.

13. Make the good stuff last. If I get a sald or pasta with only a certain amount of meat or whatever in it, then I cut it up and eat carefully so that the last bite has just as much stuff as the first did, so I can enjoy it all the way through. I do it with Cane's sauce..

14. Gross! If it looks gross, smells gross, has a gross name.. I won't eat it if I can avoid hurting someones feelings.

15. Fill in the blank. I know there has to be something that some of you have noticed about the things I'm picky about. I'm testing you now... how well do you really know me??

2 comments:

Boogerface said...

did you really post this at 2 in the morning?

I don't know about any of your eating habits. . . i can't fill in the blank.

Rebekah Hope said...

That's when I started it. I couldn't finish it all at once.. I went to bed shortly after.