Saturday, January 13, 2007

Cake out my ears!!

Aaahh.. It feels so good to sit down. I have to warn you, the only person who may be interested in reading this post is Holly.

I'm up to my elbows in cake and icing. But I love it! I never got to get creative like this at Baums. I'm constructing a wedding cake (I haven't even tasted it yet - the idea of anything sweet disgusts me right now) and I'm helping my mom with the grooms' cake. This is for my moms' best friend who just got remarried. She's having a reception here, after having her wedding in Minnesota. Ack, I just realized I still have to do a quick, 2 minute long power point tonight! I shouldn't be doing this. Oh well..

The groom has worked with trains or on trains all of his career, so we're doing a train shaped cake. We're modeling the engine after the kind of engine he works on (Big orange things!) and we're putting pictures of him and her waving outside the windows. The caboose is gonna say "Just Married" on the end of it. It'll be cute.

I have some leftover filling (strawberry cream cheese with buttercream icing) and a few leftover cake layers so if ya'll want to have cake for Sunday I can throw something together.

What are we having Sunday?? One thing we haven't done yet is any sort of seafood. Is anything in season right now? I want some fish.

The oven is beeping at me - gotta go!

2 comments:

Boogerface said...

Sunday we are meeting at the building. But you could still probably make a cake. Not sure what kind of food we'll be eating.

Or you could just make cake and bring it over here. That is always acceptable.

Rebekah Hope said...

Oh yeah I forgot about that. I might bring it over to ya'll. Because I will make no effort to turn the cake scraps (discarded layers) into a pretty cake. It's not gonna look good, but I tell you it'll taste good! Ya'll will eat it without caring, this much I know.