Friday, January 05, 2007

Cinema Wonders

All I have heard Jordan say for the past 15 minutes are the words "Could you please direct me to electronics?...... Hi, do you have any Nintendo Wii?.. Okay, thanks.... (Dialing on her phone here).. Could you direct me to electronics?..." You get the idea. And she's saying it all in a voice a few octaves higher than her own. It's rather funny. She's desperate to find one!



Fifteen of my Favorite MoviesIn no particular order


1. Pride and Prejudice We "found God" in it, remember? But I really did.. but most of you don't know that did you? And isn't it funny that the best part of the film was never in the book?

2. Anne of Green Gables All of them, really all of them! "Criticize? Why that's not Christian! It's simply not Christian!", "To Despair is to turn your back on God.", "I don't want diamond sunbursts or marble halls.. I just want you." Carrots, and Anne with an "e".

3. Narnia It still amazes me how real everything looked. I can't wait for the next one! Jordan just reminded me that at one point I said I could marry Peter.

4. Little Women This movie has recently made its' way back into my heart after a lenthy absence. I think I spent many of my adolescent years imagining that I could be Jo. Though I now look on it with a new light and I think that the characters are slightly liberal, even in todays standards.

5. Dances with Wolves I watched this movie for the first time the other day and REALLY enjoyed it. I love the narration. Not to mention the dude's really cute once he loses the mustache.

6. Rigoletto It's like a real life Beauty and the Beast, but it has the best music ever! daaa-da-da-da-da-da, daaaa-da-da-da-da..

7. Peter Pan Not the animated one and not Hook. With the really really cute 14 year old that I swear to this day I would marry... If he weren't so much younger than me. Jordan says that I have a thing for guys named Peter. First the Narnia guy, now this one.

8. Anything with Jimmy Stewart Most notably "The Philadelphia Story" but also "Shop Around the Corner"(the original inspiration for "You've Got Mail"), There are many others but I can't remember their names right now.

9. Original Disney Animation: The Little Mermaid would have to be number one, with Cinderella second, Beauty and the Beast third, 101 Dalmations was pretty good too though.

10. Finding Nemo This movie should get an award for being the most quotable. So many great moments - the squishy, the little light at the depths, the sea turtles, the drop off, the "escape"! We need to watch it again.

11. Luther Ya'll may not have seen it but this is still one of my favorite "religious" movies.

12. One Night with the King I love it. I waited FOREVER for it to come out and had the release date marked on my calander for months! I read the book and literally fell in love. The only reason the movie was so good was because I'd read the book and could fill in where they left stuff out.

13. BBC Jane Eyre Great book, equally as wonderful movie.

14. Sister Act 1 and 2 Great music, and great story lines.

15. Pirates of the Carribean Kiera Knightly rocks. And Johnny Depp isn't bad either.



I'm sorry if you're dissapointed by the utter girliness of this list. I do like some action/adventure movies.. they're just not really in my TOP 15.

1 comment:

Boogerface said...

I really am diappointed in the girliness of this list. I'm glad I'm not a girl just so I don't have to watch Little Prejudice Jane Eyre of Green Gables.