Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Be My Valentine


I have always loved Valentines Day. I believe that it should never be a day to mope in loneliness and self pity, but rather to rejoice in Godly friendships. I take great delight in the excuse to write little notes of encouragement this time of year. So now I want to take this time to let all of my church family know how much I love you. I wanted to mail these out but I didn't plan far enough ahead to be able to.

Bob and Sharon: Thank you for graciously opening your home to us every week. I know that I am welcome there. Thanks for your prayers and encouragement and for your faithfulness in seeking the Lord... Thank you for setting a Godly example as a couple and allowing us to witness your love for one another. I appreciate your humble service to my family and I. I love you both dearly and thank God every day that He gave me you to lead me.

Holly: You are always a breath of fresh air to me. I love how easily you laugh. You bring joy to the bleakest setting and bring out the best in people - their humor! But you also know there is a time for everything.. I appreciate your discretion. Your diligence and hard work is such an example to me. Know that I think of you often and pray for you just as much.

Jamie: What an encouragement to be able to witness the transformation God has brought to your life. Witnessing everything He’s brought you through has bolstered my faith to new levels. I enjoy the fellowship we have together and look forward to time spent with you. I cannot wait to see what God is going to do with us next!

BJ: You may not know it, but God has taught me a lot through our friendship. I appreciate that you are so gracious when Jordan and I have our “immature girly moments”. I’m comfortable around ya’ll, a miracle in itself! I appreciate your example of humility in home church. Thank you for speaking up when no one else wants to.

Deanna: What can I say? Thank you for being you. Thank you for never being afraid to speak what God has put on your heart. I appreciate your steadfast friendship. You model Christ to me in a way no one else does. I pray, not only that God would give me more friends like you, but that He would teach me to be a friend like you have been to me.

Lauren: You know my heart. You have shared in my sorrows and I in yours. Whenever I need someone to understand in every way I know that I can go to you. As Paul said in Philippians 1:7 – “I hold you in my heart.” You are held in my heart very dearly. I pray for you always. Your steadfast pursuit of the things of God spur me onward in Him. You sharpen me (..as iron..). I cannot begin to understand how someone as undeserving as I have a friend so faithful as you. Our friendship is such a testimony of the grace of God. You are closer than a friend - you are my sister. I love you more than you can know.

Jordan: I'm not even sure what I can say that you don't already know. You and I have been through it all - together. You know me like no one else and love me the same. You see past my faults to who I want to be in Christ and help me strive toward that end. I've said it before, but I say it again; God knew I needed you. I would never have made it this far without you by my side. I am so encouraged by the evidence of His work that I see in you. My gratefulness to the Lord is beyond measure for the gift of you. I love you all the way to the moon and back - for infinity!

My G.I.F.T. Girls: What a privilege I have to be able to fellowship with you all each week. I consider you my little sisters. You guys make me giggle - especially when you trip me! It's so exciting for us to be able to watch as God begins to show you things. You are growing in His wisdom and all I can do is praise God for the work He is doing in you! I cherish your friendships and love each of you.

To other families in The Body: Nan and Bro. Teryl, Penny, Bro. Danny and Mrs. Sara, Kandi and Darrin, Mrs. Michelle and Mr. Danny, Seth and Deb, Mrs. Vicki, Mrs. Beth M., Heather, Amber and Bryan.. I could keep naming people, but mostly I want to address those who I know read my blog. If I took the time to name all of the ways you've made an impact on me I would never sleep! So many of you are a part of my "multitude of counsel" and I count it a privilege to be able to say so. You've provided me with practical advice as well as Godly wisdom and encouragement. The fellowship in the light that we have shared has been invaluable to me. I have fun with ya'll no matter where we are or what we're doing. I have done nothing to deserve your friendship, but I praise God for His mercy that I have it. I love you all so much.

May God bless you as you continue to pursue Him!

1 comment:

Boogerface said...

Thanks for the "valentine". I meant to tell you sooner, but, well, you know, I didn't. I'm thinking about Bridge to Terabithia but I'm not sure. I have to make sure I really want to see it. If i do chose that one you all have to know that it's not anything like the trailers. So that you won't be disappointed because it isn't what you thought.