Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Grand Ole 52

While BJ celebrates the past-the-200 mark on his blog, I am here to announce that I have only reached 52 posts. Not that I really care, I just thought I'd let you know. I know how boring it is to check someones blog every day and not see anything different for a week, so I apologize for my inactivity. I've not had the spare time to even read everyones blog (ahem.. Holly!).

Part of the delay has been getting settled in at work. For those of you who don't know, I've now been an employee of the State of Louisiana for a week. It was overwhelming at first with so many things to remember, but through the process of repitition it's becoming much easier. I'm even beginning to get close to the daily quota, which makes me very pleased. I enjoy my new job. It has good hours that afford me the time I need to come home and continue my culinary traning. So far I've had two successes this week. Thank you very much Deanna for your recipe for pork chops, and Deb for your suggestion of potatoes. I actually liked the pork chops for a change! But none of that really concerns many of you who read this.

The word that is burning in my heart right now is renewal. The definition of it is this: to make like new : restore to freshness, vigor, or perfection, to make new spiritually, to restore to existence, to make extensive changes in. It seems as though there isn't one area of my life that God isn't beginning to do this. The area of relationships is definately at the top of the list. God is making extensive changes. I feel like I'm facing the cleaning of worlds messiest walk-in closet. It's overwhelming. But I will cling to the hope of renewal.

1 comment:

Jamie Welch said...

there's a way around the whole "everyone's site is blocked thing".

all you have to do is ping your email server to get the alt dns from it. then you put that dns in as your primary & flush the dns cache.

once that's done (it really takes less than a min.), you can go anywhere on the web until you restart your computer.