Monday, March 05, 2007

THIS is emo.




I just spent over three hours waiting around the set of a local cable show (NO, I am NOT telling you which one!). It was "Motivational Monday". A family friends' makeup model cancelled at the last minute. She was desperate and I was "available". She's a costmetologist who's trying to come back on the scene and got the opportunity to do this showcase on a ladys' cable show. It was one of those "before" and "after" things. I assure you that the difference was very dramatic! It doesn't look like me. At all.

For those of you who've heard us use the word "emo" and wondered what it meant.. well this is a perfect example. Heavy eye makeup (I've never worn that much in my life) and dark lips and pictures taken from that angle.. egh. It's the first and (hopefully) the last time you will ever see me with this much makeup on! So I figured I should take a picture since it'll never happen again. It's hard to believe some girls get up and do that to themselves every day. If the eyes really are the windows to the soul, then they try to pull the curtains shut.

So needless to say, I had a very eventful evening. I was preached at about prosperity and faith for blessing. Apparently we are supposed to be the Head and not the tail to be able to earn our way to 6 figure success in Gods' will. And that was only the beginning. This guy coined a new word - no longer is it the principle of reciprocity, but "rich-i-prosity".. Maybe he just stumbled his words but I thought it ironic that he mixed "rich" and "properity". I was asked after it was over, "So what are you getting out of this?? Aren't you feeling inspired??" I was like "Yeah.. uh.. I am!" - to throw up all over that guys pretty suit.

Sigh. I'm going to bed. I've got another long day of online training courses ahead of me tomorrow.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm testing this thing to see if it emails me. Ignore this please. :)