Friday, March 16, 2007

Pathetic attempt

I know it's been well over a week since I've written anything here. My apologies to all you avid bloggers. I'm attempting to email this to my blog from work but I don't remember if I have the right address or not. If any of you've read your email lately you'll know a little bit of what's going on with our family. It's been tiring to say the least. My mother is overly laid back about everything and my dad is overly anxious. It's a wonderful combination that makes living with them amusing.. at times. When I'm not annoyed I step back and have a good giggle with Jordan over it all.

I almost burned the house down yesterday - Well not really. I don't even think I told my parents this yet. After I got home Jordan and I were watching TV and we started to smell something burning. One of my biggest nightmares is that my house will burn down. I'm telling you, I can't stand to even think of it. So when I smelled smoke I got scared. Jordan and I jumped up to investigate. We didn't see any smoke or feel heat. Jordan went outside to check the roof while I climbed into the attic, all the while running around the house sniffing like dogs. Nothing.. Except when you stood right in front of the TV. We gave up after a few minutes, but the smell remained. Just when I was leaving to go babysit, Jordan asked me to turn off the lamp next to the TV. Instead of touching the switch, I accidentally touched the hot bulb which caused me to peer under the shade to carefully turn it off. Then I discovered the source of the problem. We'd been drying some flowers upside-down, hung on the switch. I guess when I turned the lamp on I shifted the stems because they were flat against the bulb, now a nice charred, ashy black.

Agggggh… I just found out I have to work tomorrow. At 6AM.. Doing something I've never done before.. My gosh, I could just cry.

 
Confidentiality Statement!
The information contained in this electronic message from the Louisiana Department of Revenue is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, the disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of any of the transmitted information, or any other action based on the contents of this information, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the transmitter by return email.
 

No comments: