Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A Simple Amen

We shall draw nearer to God not by trying to avoid the sufferings inherent in all loves, but by accepting them and offering them to Him; throwing away all defensive armor. If our hearts need to be broken and He chooses this as a way in which they should break, so be it.


So be it. Three words that I never thought would be so hard to say.

I can't count how many times I've said this over the past 48 hours but I really don't know what else to say right now. At least here.. What I do know is that when God wants my attention He gets it. And when He wants to tell me something He finds about 10 different ways to get it through my thick skull. Apparently my hearing isn't so good. Lauren thinks it's funny.. ;)

5 comments:

Lauren said...

I love you! and I'm not laughing AT you- I'm laughing at how many times He has said it just to make sure you got it....He's amazing! wonderful! merciful! and most importantly FAITHFUL. LOL what more do you want??

Rebekah Hope said...

It looks like you think I need to hear it one more time because you went and wrote that mile long post on your blog! Just making sure I heard you for the 4th time, right?

Love you dah'ling!

Lauren said...

It's not all about you ya know! *very big grin* it's for all of us.

Rebekah Hope said...

Hahaha.. I know. I was just teasing.

Lauren said...

I know!!! me too- sort of. lol.