Tuesday, June 12, 2007

My True Art Form

        I know this blog has been long neglected. Lately I've written a lot of things, but they aren't worth posting for everyone to see. I've come to discover that while I love creating art in the physical sense of drawing, painting, photography etc. my true art form is words. For the past 6 years of my life my outlet has been in written word. All of you at some point have received a note or letter from me, so you know that's how I best communicate. Remember when Kandi banned me from writing and journaling, just so I would learn to actually talk? I remember Jamie telling me once that it's out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks, not "the hand writes".. Haha. Now you can't get me to shut up.

        If I had time and money to study anything I wanted to I would study classic literature and become an editor. It would combine three things that I'm good at: reading, writing, and criticizing other peoples work.. Or.. Critiquing it, if you'd like to use a nicer word. The only thing is that I have no imagination for the creative whatsoever. It's funny that I can pick someones story apart, but I couldn't write one myself worth anything! If you put me in a creative writing or poetry class I would fail miserably. I can't just pull things off the top of my head and compose a story or a poem. If I write it has to be from life, facts, actual events. That is where I find my inspiration. I can take any actual event and embellish it. I love the challenge of doing that! I think I would be good at writing biographies or allegories.

        I know I'm a total nerd but I actually miss the high school days of having to write essays before a class period is over. I want to take some classes or something in writing. My skills are rough at best, but with training I think I could get better.. And who knows but one day I may be able to put those skills to use for the kingdom of God? I really do want to pursue this.

        I've got some things written that it wouldn't hurt to put on here. Little stories, or allegories and just silly things I've written. You'll probably see them start popping up every now and again. But beware..who I really am comes out in my writing..

Bekah Hope

 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I decided that if I could have any job, I would want to be the person that watches the socks come off of the assebly line thing to make sure there are no defects in them. That is comptletely minus the whole Gods will though, it is just a fun idea.