Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Tomorrow

Warning Jamie: This is rather long. But Holly will enjoy it I'm sure.

I sat alone in the moonlight,
And thought me of today-
Of the joys and the sorrows
That had come along the way.
Mistakes I had made
Ugly and bold
Marred the picture there.
Words I had said, things I had told
Were recorded in life's long book.

It was with trembling heart I beheld them,
And sorrowing turned away-
And looked for the joy of tomorrow
When I was given a brand new day.
A day that lay untouched
By the sad mistakes of today-
Where I could change the picture
And travel a different way.

Before me was spread tomorrow,
Waiting for a story to write
Behind me was today,
As I looked on it tonight.
A day of promise, new and fresh
Was opening before my eyes
And I stood, afraid to enter
Lest I should mar it's rise.

What could I do to keep
Tomorrow, so beautiful and bright-
How could I, with joy,
Tomorrow's story write?
I had not the strength or power
Needed to complete the task
And make Tomorrow a day
A joyful memory at last.


Oh Lord, Our God above,
It is you to whom we cry-
Grant me strength to live tomorrow
And not let another day go by
That is filled with sad mistakes
I could have left undone
Had I but claimed your promises,
For you will forsake no one.

Tomorrow, guide my stumbling feet,
Direct me in my way.
Teach me how to live today
That looking back tomorrow I
I will have no regrets to pine,
Nor greet the fading of the day
With an aching heart of Sorrow
That I have fallen from your way.

And when I come to tomorrow,
May I rejoice to see
That your hand is guiding, leading on
Your life shining out in me.

By Chantel Harding

8 comments:

Rebekah Hope said...

I think that's great! And a smile does come when you say it..

Alas though he failed us.. He couldn't tell us what typeface was used on "Deja vu" ;)..

Just Bob said...

I think that is a TAD funny.

Jamie Welch said...

you know, for someone that is always wanting me to update, you sure are slacking

Rebekah Hope said...

because apparently there was some confusion. I didn't mean to make it sound as bad as it did.. lol.

And I don't have time to change it today so I just took it off. I'll post later when I'm not drowning in a Power Point.

Anonymous said...

My first time to do this so show a sister some love!! Great site. I have enjoyed reading your posts. Much love, Kellie

Rebekah Hope said...

thanks..? Kellie? Do I know a Kellie?

Rebekah Hope said...

hahaha.. I forgot to tell you? I thought I would call Kellie A. - mother of Grace, Haven, and Peyton.. it was her! lol.. I told her I was just checking to make sure it wasn't some stranger browsing my blog. I have a link to it in my email, so I guess she got it through that. It's cool!

Anonymous said...

Having agreed to a younger sister's plea to "type your name into google and see what it says about you!", I come across more than one place with poetry on it. :)

Anyway, just leaving a comment for the joy of it, and the shock of seeing that poem appear "out of no where". :)

Have a beautiful Holiday season!

Chantel~