Monday, January 22, 2007

Culinary Success... Finally!


After many discouraging attempts at meals that please every member of my family, I have finally done it! I love it when I can get this much done. I got the house cleaned, my chores finished.. my room is still a wreck but that gives me something to do tomorrow. I made a Cheesy Chicken and Rice casserole - mexican style, with brown rice at Poppies insistence. It actually turned out really well. You couldn't even tell it was brown rice(It didn't look as good as the picture, but it tasted as good as that looks!). Then I seared wedges of cabbage in onion powder and butter - something I saw in Better Homes and Gardens. That was the favorite. I'm really happy that something I did actually came out okay on the first try! Right now I'm waiting for the Cherry Pie to set so we can cut it and top it with fresh whipped cream. I've been looking at it in the freezer for a while now needing an excuse to bake it.

Every now and again I need a little bolster like this to make me keep trying. I want to learn to cook so bad! My parents have perfected about 20 different things and they generally don't go beyond that stuff. If we get something different it usually comes out of a box. I get so tired of the same old stuff over and over. I need variety and I like to experiment.

So the adventure continues..

No comments: