Thursday, May 03, 2007

Bicycles, Batching, and Men of Peace

Has it really been almost two weeks since the last time I posted? Wow, the time has flown by. BJ, Jordan and I got new bikes. And have respectivly named them Awesomer (BJ), Prettier (Jordan), and Classier (mine). They are a lot of fun. I forgot how much I loved to ride a bike. Very much looking forward to Saturdays bike excursion!

On another note I'm working in a different section of the Processing Center this week. I completely understand why the Batching section is constanly understaffed. Being over there makes me appreciate my position and my supervisors more than I can say! God knew what He was doing when He put me where I am.

I sat next to a lady yesterday who turned out to be very nice. She made what was looking like a very bad day (meeting only 1/3 of the standard production that's expected - even though it was my first time doing that particular thing!) perk up a lot. First off, they run that area like a high school. They don't want you talking or getting up more than you have to, and people are really childish about it. So the fact that we sat there working and talking for more than an hour unnoticed was awesome. We got to talking about our lives and that led to church and I got to tell her a lot about home church. She goes to Bethany but doesn't agree with a lot of things they do. Like many who have been burned by religion she craved something real. She was definately a kindrid spirit, a "man of peace". I gave her my phone number and invited her to call me if she wanted to come to home church some time. Unfortunately tomorrow's her last day, so I won't see her again unless she does come. I'm just excited!

No comments: